Monday, June 7, 2010

The Start of Something New

Second to the amazing feeling of accomplishment, for me, is the feeling of starting something new. Anytime I am given the opportunity to turn the page and start fresh on a new year, a new relationship, a new job I get all giddy with excitement because the possibilities at that moment are limitless.

It causes me to pray bigger, prepare for more, get more nervous- all things I need because they keep me pressing into God.

Maybe you're like me- a to-do list person. I can often get so caught up in the moment that each day becomes a march through tasks and sadly God becomes one of them.

At this point I can't afford to put God in a Box.

This is one of those take God and keep God out of the box moments for me. Becoming an Associate Salt Company director for TSC is both one of the greatest privileges and terrifying stewardships of my life.















What has Salt Company meant for me? Salt Company was home for me for three years- it was where I met my best friends, saw my future wife cross from death to life, was challenged in my hypocrisy, was equipped for vital leadership, gained a heart for the Nations, and more and more. Salt Company was the place where I finally re-oriented everything in my life around Christ and was given a vision for ministry.
(Pictured to the left is my sophomore year Connection Group L to R- Tad Asay, Chad Gleason, Seth Ohlof (honorary member) Jon Cardo, and Scott Cheney)

Jesus used The Salt Company to change my life, just like he has for years. Though this is, and I'm biased, one of the greatest movements of God among college students in the USA today. What we see here, experience here, and have come to know as "normal" here are exceptional works of God (when looked from a human perspective) but so small when seen from God's view. 700 students (2.6% of ISU Students) is just a drop in the bucket for the power of God.

So, as I stand at the start of something new. I take God out of the box and ask him to not only help me (us) to lead TSC to maintain its current impact, but to help me (our staff) to lead this ministry to new places of influence. Join me in praying big for this next year!

Keep checking this blog as the summer rolls on. For our many students who are scattered throughout the world this summer this will be a great place to reads stories from Shane and Drew, and keep tabs on TSC over the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment